Ella's tomato plant had its first ripe fruit two days ago! She was thrilled to pick it, eager to try it, and lightning fast to spit it back out.
Here she is looking for ripe strawberries to pick. (Kind of hard to see past the parsley that bolted!)
While thinning out the carrots, she got a glimpse of how those green leafy plants could be called carrots. I think we have several more weeks before we'll be eating any of these.
Strawberries! Every morning before breakfast, we water the garden and check for ripe strawberries. We usually have 5 or so that are ready to be eaten. Ella picks them, then brings them inside, pushes her chair up to the sink, turns on the water and washes them off until the are "all dry" and then eats them! Now that it is going to be in the 100's I think our days of strawberry picking are limited. But, this has been the most rewarding crop I've ever grown.

2 comments:
What a sweet gardener! I can definitely see how rewarding it is for all of you! And Quinn, snuggling in the bed, is precious!
MMmmmmmm....strawberries. That is so cool that you are actually getting some. Everyone warned us that we wouldn't get any, so we didn't grow them. Love you!
Post a Comment