G-Ma and Papa are here visiting from AZ this week and we have been really packing it in to make the most of the 4 1/2 (maybe 5 1/2!) days they are here. Saturday we went to the Farmer's Market at PSU for shopping and lunching, and Pok Pok for dinner. I have been waiting months to go there, and once the opportunity arose that we could go, I was nervous of being let down. After reading sparkling reviews in the NYT, Food and Wine, and all the Portland books, I kind of felt like maybe it has an inflated reputation. However, we were not let down, the food exceeded our lofty expectations. And, the kids behaved! Sunday we went to the Portland Saturday Market, Deschutes Brewery for lunch, and Powell's to buy some books. Today we went out to the Columbia River Gorge and drove the Historic Columbia River Highway to Multnomah Falls. Absolutely beautiful country~We are so lucky to call this place home. Next on the agenda: Oregon Zoo, International Rose Test Gardens and maybe Pittock Mansion. Whew!
Monday, August 17, 2009
Fitting it all in
G-Ma and Papa are here visiting from AZ this week and we have been really packing it in to make the most of the 4 1/2 (maybe 5 1/2!) days they are here. Saturday we went to the Farmer's Market at PSU for shopping and lunching, and Pok Pok for dinner. I have been waiting months to go there, and once the opportunity arose that we could go, I was nervous of being let down. After reading sparkling reviews in the NYT, Food and Wine, and all the Portland books, I kind of felt like maybe it has an inflated reputation. However, we were not let down, the food exceeded our lofty expectations. And, the kids behaved! Sunday we went to the Portland Saturday Market, Deschutes Brewery for lunch, and Powell's to buy some books. Today we went out to the Columbia River Gorge and drove the Historic Columbia River Highway to Multnomah Falls. Absolutely beautiful country~We are so lucky to call this place home. Next on the agenda: Oregon Zoo, International Rose Test Gardens and maybe Pittock Mansion. Whew!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
How fun! Please tell them hello with big hugs:)
I am exhausted just reading this schedule! But it sounds like a great time - enjoy! hugs to all!
Sounds like a great time. Tell them I say hello!
Post a Comment